- The ARIDON® Insulated Weather Protection System is a rigid wall underlay with integral cavity battens for use behind specified claddings that comply with NZBC Acceptable Solutions E2/AS1.
- The ARIDON® Insulated Weather Protection System also provides the thermal insulation for the wall.
- The ARIDON® Insulated Weather Protection System comprises ARIDON® sheets which are formed from high density expanded polystyrene (EPS). The boards have a unique interlocking edge design and incorporate integral cavity battens for the application of the wall claddings directly over the ARIDON panels when installed over timber and steel wall framing.
- The system incorporates a primary and secondary means of water resistance (first and second line of defence) against water penetration by separating the cladding from the rigid wall underlay with a nominal 20mm cavity.
The ARIDON® Insulated Weather Protection System has been appraised as an Alternative Solution, for use on both timber and steel framed buildings as a:
- Rigid wall underlay
- A temporary weather-protecting sheathing (60 days)
- Thermal break
- Thermal insulation
- Situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Extra High
Refer BRANZ Appraisal for suitable wall claddings & scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.2
ï‡ Download PDF